Table of Contents
Tumblr for Business?
Tumblr is a microblogging and social media platform businesses can use to engage with their target audience creatively and visually. Here are some ways businesses can use Tumblr:
- Blogging: Businesses can use Tumblr to create a blog to post content related to their products, services, or industry. Blogging on Tumblr can help businesses establish themselves as thought leaders.
- Branding: Tumblr provides businesses with a platform to showcase their brand identity through visual content like images, videos, and GIFs.
- Customer Engagement: Tumblr can engage with customers by responding to messages and comments, reblogging content, and creating contests or giveaways.
- Influencer Marketing: Businesses can partner with Tumblr influencers to promote their products or services to their followers.
- SEO Benefits: Tumblr posts can appear in search engine results, giving businesses additional visibility.
- Audience Insights: Tumblr provides businesses with analytics tools that can help them understand their audience’s interests and behaviours.
Overall, Tumblr can be a valuable tool for businesses seeking to engage with their target audience creatively and visually. It allows businesses to showcase their brand identity, establish themselves as thought leaders, and engage with customers meaningfully.
How to create a Tumblr business account?
Here are the steps to create a Tumblr business account:
- Go to the Tumblr homepage (tumblr.com) and click “Get started.”
- Enter your email address, password, and username for your Tumblr account. Make sure your username reflects your business name.
- Once you’ve created your account, go to your dashboard by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the “Account” icon (it looks like a person) in the top right corner of the screen, and then click on “Settings.”
- Click the “Blogs” tab and the “Create a new blog” button in the Settings menu.
- Choose a name for your business blog and a URL. Ensure your URL reflects your business name and is easy to remember.
- Customize your blog by choosing a theme, uploading a profile picture, and adding a description.
- Start creating content for your blog! You can post text, photos, videos, and more.
- Once you’ve created your content, start engaging with your audience by responding to comments, reblogging content, and creating contests or giveaways.
Congratulations, you’ve created a Tumblr business account! Keep in mind that Tumblr has specific policies and guidelines for businesses, so make sure to review them before creating your account. Creating high-quality content that reflects your brand and engages your target audience is essential.
List of Tumblr terminologies?
Here are some common Tumblr terminologies that you may encounter on the platform:
- Dashboard: The main page of your Tumblr account where you can see the latest posts from the blogs you follow.
- Reblog: To share someone else’s post on your own Tumblr blog.
- Like: To show appreciation for someone else’s post by clicking the heart icon; liking a post does not share it on your blog.
- Tag: A keyword or phrase you can add to your post to help it appear in search results or be organized within a tag search.
- Ask A feature allows users to ask a question anonymously or publicly to a Tumblr blog.
- Queue: A feature that allows you to schedule posts to publish at specific times and dates.
- Theme: The design and layout of your Tumblr blog.
- Followers: The users who subscribe to your Tumblr blog and see your posts on their dashboards.
- Dashboard settings: The options for customizing the appearance and functionality of your Tumblr dashboard.
- Submissions: The posts that users send to your blog to be considered for publishing.
- Archive: A list of all the posts on your Tumblr blog, organized by date.
- Reblog chain: A series of reblogs of the same post, often including comments from multiple users.
These are just a few Tumblr terminologies you may encounter while using the platform.
Why should your business use Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging and social media platform businesses can use to connect creatively and visually with their target audience. Here are some reasons why businesses should consider using Tumblr:
- Creative Expression: Tumblr provides businesses a platform to express their brand identity through visual content such as images, videos, and GIFs.
- Branding: Tumblr can help businesses build their brand by showcasing their unique personality and style. It also provides opportunities for businesses to interact with their customers more personally and engagingly.
- SEO Benefits: Tumblr posts can appear in search engine results, increasing business visibility.
- Community Building: Tumblr allows businesses to create a community around their brand, where they can engage with customers and fans on a more personal level.
- Targeted Advertising: Tumblr offers advertising options that allow businesses to target specific demographics, interests, and locations.
- Analytics: Tumblr provides businesses with tools to help them understand their audience’s interests and behaviours.
Overall, Tumblr can be a valuable tool for businesses seeking to engage with their target audience creatively and visually. It allows businesses to showcase their brand identity, build a community around their brand, and engage with customers meaningfully. Additionally, Tumblr provides businesses with SEO benefits, advertising options, and analytics tools that can help them optimize their marketing efforts.